For admission to Goldstar Barber Academy applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Students must be 15 years or older
-Have a high school diploma or the equivalent
Additionally: For Cosmetology to Barber Crossover program, applicants must have a current Cosmetology license
-For the Barber Instructor program, applicants must have a current Barber License
This is your Feature Description. Use this space to describe this feature in more detail.
Your Gateway to Learning
Potential students interested in enrolling in one of the programs of study at Goldstar Barber College complete the following admissions process:
● Tour the school
● Complete an interview with the Director of Admissions Coordinator during which:
o The applicant’s future plans are discussed;
o The programs of study are explained;
o The requirements for admission are reviewed
Programs costs and financial options are discussed
Potential students who qualify for the program and desire to enroll, then complete the following enrollment procedure:
● Provide a copy of the high school diploma, transcript, or the equivalent (i.e, GED)
● Provide 3 identical 2”x2” pictures – one of which is given to the school, one of which is retained by the student station and one used for student ID.
● Provide a copy of a government issued photo ID and Social Security Card
● Provide a copy of a current Cosmetology License if enrolling in the Cosmetology Crossover Program
● Provide a copy of a current Barber License if enrolling in the Barber Instructor program
Students who withdraw prior to completion of the program and re-enroll will return at the same at the same status in which they withdrew both in class instruction and in satisfactory academic progress status at the time of withdrawal
After the prospective student provides the required documents above, the Director reviews them for completeness and accuracy. If all documentation is in order the potential student is notified of his or her acceptance by the Director. Next, the newly accepted applicants:
● Make financial arrangements for payment of tuition and fees.
● Sign the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Barber Student Permit Application and pay a $25 permit fee
● Receive and knowledge receipt of the School Catalog
Receive, read, and sign an Enrollment Agreement that is also signed by a school representative. (A copy of the signed enrollment agreement is provided to the student.)
Please note: The Student Catalog and the Enrollment Agreement constitute a binding contract between the student and Goldstar Barber Academy. It is recommended that all individuals carefully review these documents, prior to signing the Enrollment Agreement